Making Dirty Matcha? Start here.
Everything you need to nail your Dirty Matcha at home.
7 Min Read
7 Min Read
Follow Our Dirty Matcha Video Guide
Unboxing: Your Dirty Matcha Home Cafe Kit
Craft Tea Fox Barista Uji Matcha Powder (20g)
Matcha quality matters. Use barista-quality Matcha for your Dirty Matcha Latte.
Hook Coffee Shotpods
Use these Nespresso compatible shotpods for your espresso kick.
Don't use a spoon. Froth a silky smooth Matcha mixture in 20 seconds.
Get rid of clumpy Matcha - use the Matcha sieve to sieve Matcha.
1. Matcha Base
Make your Matcha
- Sift 2 full teaspoons of Matcha powder into a cup.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Pour in 50ml of hot water (~70°C).
- Tilting your cup at a 45 degrees angle, immerse your electric whisk.
- Turning on your whisk, move it up and down till a layer of creamy froth is formed.
- Once there are no more clumps, your Matcha base is ready!
No Spooning (Don't use a spoon!)
Instead of breaking up clumps, a spoon often makes even more clumps.
Add your Milk
- Add a scoop of ice to your Matcha base cup.
- Pour in 70ml of your milk of choice.
How to froth your milk:
- Using a microwave or stove, warm 70ml milk for about 30-40 seconds (to around 60-70°C).
- Tilt your cup at a 45 degrees angle.
- Immerse your whisk, ensuring it does not rise above the milk layer or touch the bottom of the cup.
Each kit comes with a choice between 3 shotpod flavours:
- Brazillian Tan: bittersweet, earthy flavour.
- Sweet Bundchen: mellow creamy, nutty flavour.
- Choco Loco: intense, bold dark chocolate notes
Add Your Espresso
- Drop a shotpod into your Nespresso Machine to make your espresso.
- Layer the espresso shot on top of your milk and Matcha mixture.
- Stir and enjoy!
Want to save money on Matcha? Join the Club.
You can save money on Matcha by joining Club Tea Fox Rewards.
Enjoy automatic perks like cashback on every purchase, free gifts, and more!
Simply click the button below to sign up.
Which Matcha suits me best?
Not all Matcha is made equal. Take our quiz to find your Matcha match.