Learn how to make Matcha ice cream recipe at home - almost from scratch! Only 3 ingredients required. Special shoutout to Ted Teo for shooting this easy-to-follow tutorial!
- 500g of Heavy Whipping Cream (with 36% of fat or more)
- 200g of Sweetened Condensed Milk (or more to taste)
- 20g of Uji Matcha
1) Carefully open a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk and measure out 200g of Sweetened Condensed Milk in a bowl.
2) Measure out 20g of Matcha Powder and add it to the Sweetened Condensed Milk. Pass the Matcha Powder through a sieve to remove any lumps. Mix until well combined.
3) Measure out 500g of Heavy Whipping Cream in a separate bowl and start whipping the Heavy Whipping Cream with a hand mixer.
4) Once you are able to form soft peaks with the Heavy Whipping Cream, add the mixture of the Matcha Powder and Sweetened Condensed Milk into the Heavy Whipping Cream and gentle mix them together.
4) With your hand mixer, whip the mixture together until you form stiff peaks. Be careful not to over beat the mixture as it will taste grainy.
5) Store the mixture in a container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
6) After 4 hours, you may serve the ice cream! Enjoy! If the ice cream is too hard when its out of the freezer, leave it at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before scooping.